African Bank Gold Credit Card
Make a statement without saying a word
The African Bank Gold Visa Credit Card allows you to say who you are without saying a word. Switch to a credit card that offers you the freedom to live the lifestyle that you deserve
Apply for our Gold Credit Card to enjoy the following benefits:
- 24 hour convenience and worldwide acceptance.
- FREE* ALL till point purchases in South Africa are free
- FREE* ATM withdrawals for the first two withdrawals
- FREE* balance enquiries and airtime purchases using Cellphone Services – access your account information and buy airtime, SMS or data bundles using your African Bank credit card. You don’t need airtime to use the service
- Receive ten free balance enquiries and three free mini statements per month when using Cell Phone Services, thereafter it's only R1.70.
- Apply for a limit increase on Cell Phone Services if you have your card for 4 months or more.
- Credit Life Insurance – for peace of mind for life’s unexpected insurable events. You will be covered for :
- Permanent Disability
- Temporary Disability
- Short Time
- International acceptance by millions of merchants wherever you see the Visa logo. Receive additional discounts with Visa contracted merchants simply log onto Visa.com for the full list of benefits in South Africa and internationally.
- For additional Visa benefits visit www.visa.co.za
- Never give your Card, PIN or CVV number to anybody.
- Always keep your PIN a secret
- Always ensure that you receive your card back after ALL transactions and keep it in a safe place
- To report a lost or stolen card or any other queries call 0861 000 555
In order to qualify for the Gold Credit Card, you need to be 18 years or older, and bring the following to apply:
- Latest original payslip
- One month's stamped bank statement reflecting your salary deposit or savings book
- Proof of residence
With regards to **proof of residence; any of the following documents, amongst others, reflecting your name and current residential address are accepted:
- Latest utility bill
- Municipal account
- Retailer account
- Document from an insurance company
- Letter from a traditional authority
- Ward counsellor or
- Declaration from a landlord and affidavit from a person who is living with you
All documents provided should be less than three months old to be accepted.
|Gold Credit Card fees|
|Monthly service fee||R35.00|
|Monthly transaction bundle||R20.00|
|Card replacement fee||R88.00|
|Funds transfer fee||R5.50|
|Account management fees|
|SMS messaging service||FREE|
|Statement reprint per page||FREE|
|Debit order: One included in monthly transaction bundle, thereafter||R5.70|
|One deposit fee included in monthly transaction bundle, thereafter (Plus 1.1% of transaction values over R250)||R3.70|
|All POS transactions in South Africa are FREE|
|Balance enquiry: One included in monthly transaction bundle, thereafter||R3.00|
|Two cash withdrawals included in monthly transaction bundle, thereafter|
|ATM cash withdrawals more than R100 (Plus 1.2% of transaction value)||R7.00|
|ATM cash withdrawals less than or equal to R100||R5.00|
|Denied transaction fees||R3.00|
|ATM balance enquiry||R5.70|
|ATM cash withdrawal (Plus 1.10% of transaction value)||R20.00|
|Debit interest rate*||16% p.a|
|Credit interest rate||3% p.a|
|Credit Life Insurance**|
|Ad Valorem||8% p.a|
|All fees include 14% VAT. All fees and interest rates are variable and can be adjusted by African Bank with written notice to the cardholder, in accordance with the National Credit Act (2005).|
|** Credit Life Insurance is underwritten by The Standard General Insurance Company Limited|
- *This rate applies at time of print and is subject to changes in the repurchase rate as disclosed by the South African Reserve Bank.